Reviews With Focus on Indie Brand Content

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Darling Girl Wonder Wand Review




I recently received a Darling Girl Wonder Wands in Ms. Muffet and Honey Cake. I also have a Saucy Minx on the way, but wanted to try these cuties out.

Website description: "Wonder Wand cream shadows are as crease-resistant and once set are pretty budge proof! Use of your preferred eye shadow primer is still highly recommended. Some of these shades make wonder face highlighters as well." 




Ms. Muffett - pale mauve/pink with golden green sheen.
Packaging: 3.5 ml wand with doe foot applicator.

The eyeshadow is a creamy consistency that blends easily. The website advises to apply with the doe foot applicator and blend with a flat paddle brush. Personally, I dabbed some shadow on with the applicator and blended it out with my finger. This seemed to work well for me. 

This color is very similar to my skin tone, but offers a beautiful shimmer. I tried this one on as a base shadow. It gave a similar effect to my UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin.




Honey Cake - Metallic peachy gold.
Packaging: 3.5 ml wand with doe foot applicator.

This is definitely my favorite of the two. It reminds me a lot like "Trick" shadow from UD Naked 3 Palette. Great for that healthy looking glow!






Today I decided to wear Ms. Muffet as my base shadow. I took Honey Cake and swiped some on my lash line and blended up with my finger.It's hard to see in the picture, but there is such a lovely shimmer from these two, especially Honey Cake, Not too sparkly, but enough to catch in the light. 

I paired these with my new Life's Entropy Galaxy Glow Illuminator in Solar Flare and Ten Three Labs Smudge Stick in Bow Down. 

I would definitely recommend these products for their simple application and long staying power, but especially Honey Cake!

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment