Reviews With Focus on Indie Brand Content

Friday, May 29, 2015

Arcana Strawberries Crave Review




I never thought I'd purchase a strawberry perfume. Not because I dislike strawberries, but because my boyfriend is allergic and dislikes everything strawberry. However, I've come to learn he actually does not hate strawberries, but dislikes the fact "they hate him". Poor guy ;-;

Recently, he has been sniffing around my new Arcana collection. Surprisingly, he has really taken to Strawberry Craves! Woo hoo!




Strawberries Crave Summer:  Tropical blossoms of tiare, tuberose petals, star jasmine, and neroli over melty pistachio and strawberry sherbets.

Out of the bottle, I get a burst of green floral bouquet mixed with a strawberry note that is sweet and jammy. The pistachio note rolls along near the end keeping the scent bright and fun. 

I must say, I'm loving the skin chemistry I have with this perfume! The strong floral notes tone it back a bit and I'm left with softer sugared petals of tiare and tuberose with the star jasmine and neroli peeping out to play. The strawberry becomes less jammy and more smooth. The pistachio is harder to pick up as the perfume settles on my skin.

Strawberries Crave Summer makes me want to spin around in a field of flowers singing, "The hills are alive with the smell of Strawberries!"

Boyfriend tl;dr: "Flowers and Strawberry."




Strawberries Crave Rococo:  Tiny strawberries with Madagascar vanilla, Tahitian vanilla, apricot, white musk, and skin musk.

Out of the bottle, it smells like someone opened a packet of all natural strawberry gummies. On my skin, I get a lot of musk with wafts of strawberry. Sadly for me, my skin loses the vanilla...and I'm all about vanilla. The scent further develops into something sweet and sensual. 

This is a lovely warm weather scent. I'd wear it to a crowded gathering as it hugs closer to the skin. I would of enjoyed it more if the vanilla got along better with  my skin chemistry.

Boyfriend tl;dr: "Strawberry Gummies."




Strawberries Crave Lucy:  Our own Surfers on Acid blend with pink strawberry (Surfers On Acid: Sweet Coconut Milk, Pinapple, and Absinthe).

Out of the bottle, I get bright pineapple complimented by tangy coconut and the strawberry wanting to join in on the fun. On my skin, the scent is tropical and smells like something I'd drink with rum.

Put me in a beach bar with this one. I see myself sipping on a cool drink listening the waves crash on the shore.

Boyfriend tl;dr: "Beachy Drink"

My favorite of the bunch is Strawberries Crave Summer. Which is odd, because typically I'm not a fan of floral scents. It was a pleasant surprise and worth the blind buy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment