Reviews With Focus on Indie Brand Content

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Solstice Scents Review


Solstice Scents was my first stop in indie perfumery! Not only was the catalog expansive and intriguing, but I found the art unique. It really drew me into their world.  


I ordered samples (described on the site as follows):

BLUEBERRY MUFFIN BATTER ~ Blueberry, Brown Sugar, Vanilla, Cane Sugar, Batter (Perfume, Whipped Soap, Burnishing Glace).

CAFE MALLOWMEL ~ Rich coffee flavored with decadent caramel and sweet marshmallow cream.  Contains coffee essential oil and fragrance oils. (Perfume, Ganache, Burnishing Glace).

CARDAMOM ROSE SUGAR, Premium ~ Brown Sugar, Cardamom EO, Moroccan Rose and Bulgarian Rose. (Premium 5 ml Perfume). GOURMAND/SPICY/FLORAL

NIGHTGOWN ~ Vanilla, White Chocolate, Tuberose & Tiare Flowers (A Best Seller). (Perfume, Body Ganache, Burnishing Glace, Whipped Soap).  FLORAL/GOURMAND

ROSE MALLOW CREAM, Premium ~ Moroccan Rose absolute, Bulgarian Rose absolute, Marshmallow Fluff, Strawberry Nectar, White Chocolate, Vanilla, White Musk  (A Best Seller).  GOURMAND/FLORAL

SYCAMORE SUGARWORKS, Foxcroft Collection ~ Caramelized Pear Tarts, Banana Apple Muffins, Spice Cakes With Rum Glaze, Cream Puffs & Maple Walnut Pastries. (Perfume, Burnishing Glace, Whipped Soap).  GOURMAND/FRUITY

VIOLET MALLOW ~ Marshmallow Cream, Violet Flowers, Vanilla Bean, White Musk (Perfume, Body Ganache, Burnishing Glace, Dead Sea Salt Oatmeal Milk Bath).  GOURMAND/FLORAL

Can you tell I have a love of gourmands?


My impressions:

BLUEBERRY MUFFIN BATTER- This took me back to when I was a child walking to the local Ice Cream Shop for a Blueberry Cheesecake Frozen Yogurt. If I could put that memory into a fragrance, Blueberry Muffin Batter would be it. On the skin, the “cheesecakey” aspect of it wears off and you’re left with a warm blueberry jam scent. Yum!

CAFE MALLOWMEL- Coffee flows through my veins, so I was super excited to try this scent out. I get a light roast coffee swirled with syrup. I feel like I stepped into a Gloria Jean’s Coffee when I take a whiff of this.

CARDAMOM ROSE SUGAR- This scent transformed the way I view rose scents. I have always steered away from rose perfumes. However, after reading so many positive reviews of this scent (as well as my deep love of cardamom), I gave it a go. Wow! The rose and cardamom do not compete, but merry into a beautiful experience! I feel comforted by this scent, like eating cool Kheer on a hot summer day. Rose Cardamom Sugar is my favorite scent of the lot! This is also considered a “Premium Fragrance”.

NIGHTGOWN: Such a soft and lovely scent. A light sweet floral that wraps you like a blanket. Nightgown reminds me of me plucking Lily of the Valley flowers in my grandmother’s garden. I want all my winter sweaters to smell like this!

ROSE MALLOW CREAM- Who’d have thought another rose would be my second favorite? This scent is addicting. The sweet mallow draws you in and the candied Rose keeps you lingering for another whiff. This is another “Premium Fragrance”.

SYCAMORE SUGARWORKS- I am met with a caramelized sugar, a slight hint of mashed banana, and toasted nuts in passing. Unfortunately for me, my body chemistry did not agree with this scent. The warm gourmand settles into a sickly sweet chemical sort. I am jealous for those this will work with. It makes my mouth water.

VIOLET MALLOW- I want to wear this every day of spring. The violet is so innocent and sweet and mingles well with the mallow. Even after a couple hours, the violet and mallow are still lively!


I was pleasantly surprised by my Solstice Scents review. Indie companies like Solstice Scents reward people for walking out of their comfort zone. I would have never thought that rose perfumes would be such a hit with me! I would also like to add these scents have nice longevity. My boyfriend can still smell them when I come home after an eight hour work day!

Thank you Solstice Scents! Keep an eye out for the “Woodland Collection” coming out the 17th of January 2015!!!





2 comments:

  1. I got 12 Solstice Scents samples and am still being surprised at how great they are. My favorite is Cellar! I was surprised how much I love it and how perfectly it captures the scent of a cool stone cellar loaded with fresh apples. So great!

    ReplyDelete